Forgot to finalize Audio CD-R: Solutions/possibilities?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Antietam, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Antietam

    Antietam Guest

    Hi,

    I have a standalone Sony CD-R machine (not meant for a computer
    hookup). To record a radio show that I like, I tune a radio to the
    station, and the radio in turn is plugged into the Sony machine.
    The proper way to finalize is to press "Finalize," wait for the
    readout to say "Finalize?" and then answer "Yes" to the question by
    pressing a "Yes" button.
    For some reason, someone else decided to push "Finalize" but press
    "Play" instead of "Yes." This resulted in an error message. I
    quickly ejected the CD. It doesn't play either on my computer or a CD
    machine, and the readout reads 0:00:00 when I put it back in.
    I've called some data recovery places, and they all say they can
    handle this problem (it's a Memorex Audio CD-R), by the way. Trouble
    is that they're rather pricey. Has anyone run into this before and
    does anyone have any ideas before I send it off? I'm thinking of just
    re-finalizing, but I'm worried that'll wipe out even more data.

    Thanks.

    Antietam, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Antietam

    Ionizer Guest

    Howard Stern show by any chance? Try looking at what's on the CD in Windows
    Explorer- you may be able to access what's on it that way. There must be
    something on that CD.

    Ionizer, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Antietam

    Boomer Guest

    [snip for change of topic]

    You are posting from the future. Please check your computers clock
    settings and correct them.

    Thank you.

    Boomer, Jul 13, 2003