    what does it do exactly?

    Sorry to be such a dumbass.

    BroJack

    Bro Jack, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Bro Jack

    Bob Guest

    A file format for delivering interactive vector graphics.
    Don't worry, we all have areas of our knowledge which are shrouded in mist.
    Flash is a program which generates animated images as well as entire web
    pages. You'll often see a Flash intro on a highly-designed site, or
    elements on a page such as an advert or image. Flash is also used to
    generate small web-based games and such.

    I wouldn't worry about downloading it if it's needed to view a page - it's a
    one-off and shouldn't overburden your computer's resources.

    Bob, Aug 17, 2004

  3. The retard named Bob is the dumbass. Flash is how many websites now serve
    ads because pop-up blockers are killing the ad business. If you can't view
    the site without flash, go elsewhere. Alternatively, get a better browser.
    Avant is free and has a flash blocker.

    Akaponywa Walivyoweza, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Bro Jack

    Atreju Guest

    Macromedia Flash is a browser-enabled animation client. It is safe,
    and many websites use it for animations. It is a bit annoying, but if
    you want to view that site, you will need it.

    ---Atreju---

    Atreju, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Bro Jack

    kipper Guest

    I thought that it was what dirty old men in raincoats did

    kipper, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Bro Jack

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Aug 18, 2004
  7. Bro Jack

    Silly Billy Guest

    I presume you are referring to FLASH as in website design. Check this out.
    The animation on the opening page at the top is a Flash movie.
    http://www.macromedia.com/

    Flash is an application published by the Macromedia company. Think of Flash
    as a 'window' that is displayed within the HTML environment. You have
    complete control of the window. You can display animations. You can make the
    animations clickable. You can make text move and change. Flash is very fast
    because it draws graphics on the fly, rather than storing text or graphics
    as complete images. (Although Flash can also display photographic images and
    illustrations). Flash gives you much more creative room than HTML, but it
    requires a 'plug-in', a piece of code on your computer that runs Flash. The
    newer browsers automatically come with Flash. If your user has an older
    browser, and they don't already have Flash, they will be asked to download
    it. If they agree to download Flash, they will be sent to the Macromedia
    site where they will need to click on a few things to receive Flash. If they
    haven't already downloaded Flash, you might lose them at this point. It is a
    tradeoff.

    Silly Billy, Aug 18, 2004
  8. Do download flash. Only effin idiots would not.

    Samuel Townsend, Aug 18, 2004
  9.
    Perry Matheson, Aug 19, 2004