For Those Who Don’t Believe IPv4 Addresses Are Running Out ...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 1, 2010.

  1. They already are.
    None of which can be freed in time.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 2, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Dave Taylor Guest

    They are not unused.

    Dave Taylor, Dec 2, 2010
  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Have you set up a sniffer on un-natted internet and listened to bogons?
    People have and when 1.1.1.1 was released all hell broke out ( in a
    controlled manner), let alone the class C stuff that should not be out
    there but is.

    Here is a link:
    http://labs.ripe.net/Members/franz/content-pollution-18

    They are reserved for a reason; the rules make the internet work as we know
    it.

    Dave Taylor, Dec 3, 2010