For someone who passed 70-620 Exam

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Jacopo Nanni, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. Jacopo Nanni

    Jacopo Nanni Guest

    Hello everybody
    I've just downloaded some test material from the internet, in order to
    prepare to undergo the exam,
    but I encountered a lot of question as reguard:
    -How to deploy OS by using SMS 2003 with Windows Deployment Service
    -How to deploy OS by using Sysprep and Windows PE cd-rom
    -Questions about the use of SIM (system image manager) and WAIK (Windows
    automated installation kit)
    -Questions about which version of the User State Migration Tool to use (if
    v2.6 or v3) and the Migapp.xml and
    Miguser.xml files

    and so on...

    I actually feel very upset because nothing of these arguments are discussed
    in the Self-Paced Training KIT for the
    70-620 Exam...Please someone who passed the exam could tell me if these
    arguments are required to be known
    in order to pass the exam?!
    Thank you very much, hope to recive an answer soon

    Jacopo Nanni, Sep 2, 2009

  2. Jacopo Nanni

    Andrew B Guest

    I'm studying for the 70-620 also, I've been reading the self paced book for
    4 weeks now and have almost finished.

    Everything I've read says that the 70-620 does not test Vista in a domain
    environment.

    It is likely that you have the materials for the 70-622 exam as that is the
    2nd needed for the MCITS: Enterprise support technician.

    Andrew B, Sep 4, 2009

  3. This is correct, and easily determinable by reading the Exam Objectives that
    are posted for the exam.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-620&locale=en-us#tab2

    Nothing in that list uses the words "logon", "domain", "server", or "Active
    Directory".

    I would concur.

    From the 70-222 Exam Objectives
    at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-622&locale=en-us#tab2
    looking at the very first objective listed:

    Deploying Windows Vista
    ..Analyze the business environment and select an appropriate deployment
    method.
    ..Prepare a system for clean installation or upgrade.
    ..Deploy Windows Vista from a custom image.
    ..Perform post-installation tasks.
    ..Troubleshoot deployment issues.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Sep 4, 2009
  4. Jacopo Nanni

    Old Rookie Guest

    I passed the exam about a month ago and NONE of those topics were covered on
    the 70-620. I used only the Microsoft Press book as my study guide but I
    have also had a lot of hands on with Vista and it was my last exam for my
    MCITP:EA. I felt that the Microsoft 70-620 Study Guide was a very good
    representation of what was covered on the exam.

    Steve

    Old Rookie, Sep 5, 2009