    [d] Can one add a filter directly on the camera lens?
    [e] Is any other Kodak lens adapter will fit this camera?

    Otherwise I am very pleased with this camera. With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 18, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    The Shadow Guest

    You can purchase A adapter on E-Bay I did because I was tired of waiting for
    Kodak to release it in Stores. The adapter that I purchased says Kodak
    right on it $14.95

    The Shadow, May 18, 2004

  3. You're welcome. Sorry, I'm not Ron.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 18, 2004

  4. re: item [c] not 55mm but 44mm.. It screws in around the existing lens
    into the camera. The outer end where the lense accessories are attached
    is 55mm (the Kodak version. The other on one available from E-Bay has a
    52mm mount for the accessories and is not a Kodak item.)

    Ken Miller

    Kenneth Miller, May 18, 2004
  5. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Zxcvar,

    Well the adapter and accessory lenses we are offering should be in the
    stores inside of the next 10 days. I have shared this in the past, but this
    should be good information. I will be making a note of this in the
    newsgroups as soon as I see the product in the store. I have seen the
    adapter and it should work. Watch them.

    The adapter is 55mm so the accessory lens you do choose to use should be
    that size. you will be able to screw it on. No, you cannot add a lens
    directly to the camera extension itself. No other adapters will work with
    this model.

    Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 20, 2004
  6. zxcvar

    ArtKramr Guest

    Subject: Re: For Mr. Ron Baird - Where and when can I buy lens adapter for

    Just bought one on e-bay for $15 bucks.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    ArtKramr, May 20, 2004
  7. Hi Art,

    Is the thread 52mm or 55mm?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 21, 2004
  8. zxcvar

    ArtKramr Guest

    It adapts 52mm filters to the 6490 lens. 52mm is the size of most Nikkor
    lenses btw.

    ArtKramr, May 21, 2004
  9. Thanks Art.

    Where can I get a 52mm Nikkor wide angle lens on-line?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 21, 2004
  10. zxcvar

    ArtKramr Guest

    If you mean the WA for the 6490 it is not avalable as yet AFAIK

    ..

    ArtKramr, May 21, 2004
  11. No, I mean a Nikkor wide angle lens, because you mentioned that 52mm is the
    thread size of Nikkor lenses.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 21, 2004
  12. zxcvar

    ArtKramr Guest

    It's the filter thread size, not the lens mount size. The 6490 doesn't allow
    interchangeable lenses.

    ArtKramr, May 21, 2004
  13. But with the Kodak 55mm lens adapter you can fit their new Schneider wide angle
    lens made specifically for the DX6490.

    I was wondering if there was something similar available from another
    manufacturer with a 52mm thread, because then I could buy the lens adapter off
    ebay instead of waiting for Kodak.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 24, 2004
  14. zxcvar

    Bob Salomon Guest

    But with the Kodak 55mm lens adapter you can fit their new Schneider wide
    angle
    lens made specifically for the DX6490.

    I was wondering if there was something similar available from another
    manufacturer with a 52mm thread, because then I could buy the lens adapter
    off
    ebay instead of waiting for Kodak.[/QUOTE]

    Bob Salomon, May 24, 2004
  15. Try B&H Camera.. I got both the Kodak adapter and the wide angle lens
    ordered from them several days ago and should receive them this Monday.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    Ken Miller

    [/QUOTE]

    Kenneth Miller, May 24, 2004
  16. I got a notification email on Saturday at 4:30am, at work. Came to work on
    monday and saw it, so went to their site and they're already out of stock of the
    adapter. :(

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 24, 2004
  17. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Ben,

    They are out there, and as soon as the initial rush is over, they will be
    able to supply. You might be able to place your order and they will ship on
    receipt? I would shop the web for other retailers to see if you can find
    one that has it in stock. Should be getting to most of them at this point.
    The wait is over.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 25, 2004
  18. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Ben,

    You should not have to wait much longer. The last reference I had to the
    adapter was that it is now on the way to the stores. I know I have cried
    wolf to you before, but I am the messenger. In this case, I believe the
    information is quite good. Keep checking our site. You can buy the lens,
    as it is in the hands of the stores now. The adapter is close behind.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 25, 2004
  19. I ended up placing an order with a local (Aussie) on-line retailer who claims
    they will have it in 2 weeks. It will cost me US$40 including postage. If I was
    to buy from the US, it would cost $80US including postage, but the lens adapter
    itself would be half the price.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 25, 2004