For Anyone Using Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Dec 17, 2009.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hello,

    New PC came with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0

    Guess they changed a few things from older version.
    There used to be a "Save Copy As" which made it all simple.

    If I have an open pdf file that I am reading with this new version, how
    can I (now) save a copy of it so I can have it for later ?

    There doesn't seem to be any command anywhere to do this, but I am sure
    I am just missing it ?

    And, how does one send the pdf file as an e-mail Attachment ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Dec 17, 2009

  2. Bob

    Mike Easter Guest

    Ha! Reader 4 was released about 10+ years ago, 1999.
    Do you suppose anyone reading here has an installed copy of a 10 yearold
    Reader? Or, rather, what makes you think anyone can see what you are
    seeing since which 'new' Reader you claim to be using would be
    'bizarre'.
    More than likely.
    Once you figure out how to do it, save the .pdf to someplace you can
    find it. Then use your mailagent's 'attach file' and find it. Your
    newsagent here is Tbird. If you were using Tbird to compose an email,
    you would find the attach function in the File menu.

    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2009

  3. Bob

    Mike Easter Guest

    Here's a screenshot of the File menu of a normal recent Adobe Reader
    http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/Adobe-Reader_3.png

    If your view of a .pdf has no menus, maybe you are in fullscreen mode
    and you need to hit escape to get out of that mode.

    If you are not actually using Adobe Reader, you need to find the name of
    the software and its version which you are using.

    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2009
  4. Bob

    chuckcar Guest

    If all else fails, just do a copy and paste of the file itself. That
    always works.
    From within your mail program perhaps?

    chuckcar, Dec 17, 2009
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hi,

    All set now.

    Thanks for help.

    Bob

    Bob, Dec 18, 2009
  6. Bob

    Mike Easter Guest

    YW. What version of Reader came with your new computer?

    Mike Easter, Dec 18, 2009
  7. Bob

    Ian Jackson Guest

    They're up to version 8 (albeit with a LOT bigger filesize).
    This has 'Save a copy' and 'Save as text'.
    Many aficionados of freeware use PDF X-Change Viewer instead, and this
    does have a 'Save copy as' (although you only have a choice of PDF).

    Ian Jackson, Dec 20, 2009