For Anyone Knowing Something About An XM Radio Roady Units

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
    specific group for this question.
    Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

    For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:

    Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

    Is there a fuse in these units ?
    Or, a power reset somewhere ?

    Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Are you powering the unit with the 12V to 6V adapter plug that was
    supplied? IIRC, there is a fuse in that.

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    I don't have a Roady but I can find a manual.
    The manual sez:

    Check the adaptor fuse by unscrewing the ribbed end of the adaptor. If
    required, replace with a 2-amp fuse only. If your cigarette lighter
    adaptor does not have a removable end cap, then it is equipped with an
    internal fuse that resets itself after it is left unpowered for a period
    of time.

    Mike Easter, Apr 8, 2007
  4. Robert11

    Airdale Guest

    <snip>

    Try this newsgroup:news:alt.radio.satellite

    Airdale, Apr 8, 2007