For Any Comcast Broadband Users: New User Quest's, Please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Just installed Comcast broadband for internet. Running W98.

    Looked on the giganews listing which they supply, but no newsgroup
    apparently (is there one ?)
    devoted to Comcast, so will post here.

    For any Comcast users, would sure appreciate any help with the following,
    please:

    a. How do I check the actual speed that my connection is running at ?

    b. During the install process using their CD, I received the following error
    message:

    MM SYSTEM 006
    There Is No Driver On Your System

    Didn't know what to do, so clicked the OK button.
    Install continued, and internet "seems" to work fine.

    What is this Driver ?
    Do I (really) need it ?

    If so, how do I get it ?
    How do I install it ? Where would i place it ?

    c. My OE which is my default e-mail and newsgroup handler requires a
    Password, now, every time I go to it
    for the first time each day. It didn't before.

    The Grey box to remember the password stays greyed out, so I can't check it.

    A real pain.

    Any thoughts on this ?

    Much thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Oct 31, 2003

  2. second hand rose, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Robert11

    Mike0000 Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    dslreports.com has a nice speed test, its under tools I believe.

    Yep here it is:

    http://www.dslreports.com/tools

    Scroll down, you'll see speed test. Lots of goodies there.

    Have no idea regarding B. Ask Comcast. They have a support phone
    number and a "chat" support website.

    Mike0000, Nov 3, 2003