Folder sharing problems on wireless HomeNetworking

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Manlio, Oct 17, 2009.

  1. Manlio

    Manlio Guest

    I have an HomeNet with four PC: one desktop wired to router, net
    printer, net NAS, ne AccessPoint. And three laptops all networked
    throu the AccesPoint.
    The Desktop and one Laptop run XP Pro, while the remaining two LapTops
    have XPHome.
    The problem:
    Few days ago one of the Laptops (with XPHome) cannot share folders
    with the others PC. I spent several hours to try to find the reason
    without good results and despite the apparent identity of
    configurations and setup of the the two XP Home Laptops.
    On the Net I have read many and many solutions for this kind of
    problems, without results. As the failure has been without an apparent
    reason, I suspect it's a "stupid" event ...
    The failed Laptop connects to Internet and to the other PC, sharing
    their folders. Simply don't work the other way around !

    Pls give comments.
    Thanks

    Manlio, Oct 17, 2009

  2. Manlio

    Manlio Guest

    Followup to msg on Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:30:11 GMT, Manlio
    <> :
    (Original msg on bottom)
    After reading a lot of info on internet and hours of attempts without
    any good result, I happily found the solution.

    Go to Control Panel
    User Account
    Disable password
    then reboot
    Again go to Control Panel
    User Account
    Create Password
    Click on NO for making Folders/Files Private

    That's all

    Manlio, Oct 18, 2009