    I am running Windows XP 2000 sp2.

    Thanks for your help...
    Tim

    Tim, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Tim

    Trax Guest

    |>Trying to get rid of a nasty malware I followed instructions from Norton
    |>Antivirus. I had to temporarily "turn off system restore on all drives", at
    |>that time I had the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder open on the desktop, now
    |>every time I boot up the folder is still there. After the Norton fix failed
    |>I eventually had to boot up on a CD and delete a .dll that was in that
    |>folder to get rid of the problem. I have tried everything I can think of to
    |>get that folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32) to be closed when I start but it still
    |>comes up every time. Anyone know what I should do to fix this?
    |>
    |>I am running Windows XP 2000 sp2.
    |>
    |>Thanks for your help...
    |>Tim

    Go into each
    "Documents and Settings\XXXX\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    directory and look for something that would do this.

    Also Start | Run <type in> msconfig <enter> and see what's listed.

    Trax, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Tim

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Do you mean XP SP2?
    Kelly has a tweak for System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_system32opens.vbs

    fred-bloggs, Feb 16, 2006