    Lars Forslin

    "Doing time on earth"

    **************************

    Lars Forslin, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Lars Forslin

    frederick Guest

    No.
    AFAIK only Olympus with 4/3 system lenses state "35mm equivalent" as a
    headline focal length when selling their lenses.

    frederick, Mar 14, 2007

  3. The "crop factor", "focal length multiplier", or whatever term you
    prefer, applies always to the *real* focal length of the lens. All the
    Nikon and Canon (and third-party lenses for those brands) that I've seen
    state the *real* lens focal length, even on Nikon's DX and Canon's EF-S
    lenses that only cover the smaller sensor, so the conversion factor is
    needed to get the "35mm-equivalent" focal length (which is only
    meaningful for getting the angle of view; for every other purpose you
    need the *real* focal length).

    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Lars Forslin

    Lars Forslin Guest

    Thanks, I came to understand that after a while. Maybe Olympus does it
    differently.
    /Lars

    Lars Forslin, Mar 15, 2007