    computer I can't see any difference. I suspect that the color
    temperature function being set on auto cancelled the color shift.

    Oh, well, not the first time.

    Charles, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Very often flowers reflect light in pure colours and not the ones that
    film/digital use so that instead of seeing a possibly darkish blue flower
    on your picture it becomes a pinkish colour.

    Carl Neil Ellwood, Jun 3, 2007

  3. Charles

    Charles Guest

    I've run into that before, this time what was a white portion of an
    iris bloom appeared blue with the polarizer. The photo post camera
    came out white.

    A bit off white, actually, but not the blue that appeared in the
    viewfinder.

    Charles, Jun 3, 2007
  4. Charles

    Asle Bjerva Guest

    I lot of flowers reflect light in IR in addition to the visible light.
    This "discolours" the flowers when using a digital camera,
    because they often are sensitive into the IR spectrum.
    Very bright blue flowers, like iris, often get a pinkish tint.
    The IR reflection are very strong for some flowers, beacuse insects see well
    into IR.
    Some flowers have completly different look in IR than in visible light to
    attract insects.

    Asle Bjerva, Jun 4, 2007