Flow Control and traffic optimization

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rahan, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. Rahan

    Rahan Guest

    Hi,

    I use catalyst 2950 and when i run : start int <interface name>, i can see :

    input flow-control is unsupported output flow-control is
    unsupported

    In this case, what happen if "flow control" is enabled on NIC interface of
    the workstation connected to the switch ?

    Is it possible to say that if the interface of the switch don't use Flow
    Control so i need to disabled it on the workstation ?

    Thank You very much

    Best Regards
    Rahan

    Rahan, Aug 4, 2006