    unconstitutional in some way. Which I hope gets thrown out. When these
    kinds of law get written, do the lawmakers really think it will ever be
    enforced? 5 years for just having a key? Totally frickin outrageous.

    richard, Sep 10, 2009

  2. richard

    Brian H¹© Guest

    richard wrote in
    With all that you have I would say the chair would be about right.

    So much for keeping quiet, you must have lasted all of 24 hours.

    STFU

    Brian H¹©, Sep 10, 2009

  3. richard

    Pennywise Guest

    You can be arrested in the U.S if you posses lock picking tools if
    your not a locksmith.

    I had a set once, very handy, you bounce the pins while putting
    pressure on the cylinder.
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/security/lock-picking2.htm
    or http://tinyurl.com/lvr2nf

    Pennywise, Sep 10, 2009
  4. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    Lots of furniture has locks.

    Whiskers, Sep 10, 2009
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    Maybe because some furniture have locks on them.

    richard, Sep 10, 2009
  6. richard

    NormanM Guest

    Depends on the state. In several states, simple possession is not sufficient
    cause for arrest. I can't say, for sure, how it is in California, but, as a
    juror, I'd be looking for more than simple possession; something like
    felonious, or malicious intent.

    NormanM, Sep 10, 2009
  7. They should make the handcuffs with changing combination locks so the LEDs
    simply have to enter a password known only to them and then some sort of
    biometrics for encrypted security.

    Oh yeah, there ain't no key for a rope! Works out in the Wild West, it
    ought to work in Faggy Florida?

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that is NOT
    a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket; and yet, I'm NOT

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 11, 2009
  8. richard

    Lars Eighner Guest

    When I worked in admissions at the lunatic asylum, all the staff had at
    least one --- bought from a locksmith across the street. Smalltown cops
    would bring in a nutso, sometimes from hundreds of miles away, and pretty
    damn often they would discover they did not have a key for the handcuffs.

    Lars Eighner, Sep 11, 2009
  9. richard

    NormanM Guest

    Eh? Looting is looting. When have white adults ever "found" any groceries,
    other than those they paid for? If you were going to discuss illicit drugs,
    you would be on to something.

    NormanM, Sep 12, 2009
  10. richard

    NotMe Guest

    : On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:50:57 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    :
    : > wrote:
    :
    : >> This is old, but shows how things are seen, depending upon who you
    : >> are. http://www.thechessdrum.net/newsbriefs/2005/NB_photos/looting.jpg
    : >> The top photo was removed from the site when both photos were being
    : >> shown together.
    :
    : > It's not that hard to do the math on this one. If you are a black kid
    : > you are looting. If you are white adults, you "found" the groceries.
    :
    : Eh? Looting is looting. When have white adults ever "found" any groceries,
    : other than those they paid for? If you were going to discuss illicit
    drugs,
    : you would be on to something.

    I recall video of 'looting' in New Orleans after Katrina on FNN. What they
    didn't show was the part of the videos with an interview with store manager
    saying the owner told him to tell people to take what they could use.

    NotMe, Sep 12, 2009