    somewhat annoying. Any suggestion on how to settle that little sucker down
    would be appreciated.

    thanks

    JD, Feb 24, 2005

  2. JD

    Unk Guest

    You didn't post your OS...

    Here are some of the more common causes of floppy disk access:

    1 Anti-virus program set to scan on boot or at a pre-determined interval.

    2 Disable Office97 FindFast: You can remove it with msconfig, or remove "FindFast" from your
    startup folder. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=158705

    3 Control panel/System/Performance/File System/Floppy disk and uncheck the search for new floppy
    disk option.

    4 Clear Recent documents history. Right-click a blank spot on the taskbar, "Properties", "Start
    Menu Programs" tab, "Clear" button.

    Unk, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Yes he did. But then, it's all Greek to you, isn't it?

    2900.2180

    Hipolit Kouklakis, Feb 24, 2005
  4. JD

    chuckie® Guest

    Usual suspect: Micro$oft Office/Find Fast, in Control Panel there should be
    an applet for Find Fast, open, under File choose to not use it or whatever
    the wording is...HTH...luck...

    chuckie®, Feb 24, 2005
  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Sorry, the OS is Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2. Most of the above
    don't apply to this OS.

    JD, Feb 24, 2005
  6. JD

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Feb 25, 2005
  7. JD

    JD Guest

    JD, Feb 25, 2005
  8. JD

    Plato Guest

    As it does in 75% to 90% of the cases with the same problem you
    delineated.

    Plato, Feb 25, 2005