Floppy Drive Keeps Reading

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Good Morning,

    I have a quick question Please.

    My floppy drive here at work from time to time lights up and attempts to
    read while I'm minding my business working. There is no floppy in the drive
    at all or has been. At times when I come into work in the mornings the
    floppy drive will be trying to read. I attempt to trouble shoot it and then
    I'm told that, "there's no disk in floppy, would you like to format now." Of
    course I chose no but then went back and chose yes then it said,"no floppy in
    drive to format."

    Basically the floppy drive keeps trying to read when there has been no
    effort on my part to access any floppys.

    Any suggestions short of replacing the floppy drive?

    Thanks

    Jeremiah

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    1) open computer case
    2) remove your floppy drive
    3) st0mp the life out of you wee floppy
    4) close computer case

    optional) buy a USB key

    m0rk

    Honesty pays... but not enough for some

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You'll fit in just fine here. Now please get a real news reader and stop
    posting in HTML.

    Frisbee®, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yes you will, with or without Pam Dawber. Nano-nano, now park your egg next
    to JaRs ferrari

    Neil, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Guest

    m0rk Guest

    Sorry,

    Working in the most severely locked down environment known to man
    (thanks GP), I had
    been reading on microsoft's website. Now registered with Google
    groups... hows this?

    m0rk, Jul 27, 2005
  6. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    and stop
    Huh?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2005
  7. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    <title>
    html post
    </titile>
    huh!?!

    Rowdy Yates, Jul 27, 2005
  8. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Working in the most severely locked down environment known to man

    So a game of command & conquer's out of the question then?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2005
  9. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Better. Ideally, you should get an actual news reader if you plan on
    sticking around, though. Even if your ISP does not provide USENET, you can
    access the microsoft newsgroups for free via microsoft's nntp servers with
    just a little poking around for the information.

    Frisbee®, Jul 27, 2005
  10. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    you forgot to close <title> and open <titile>, and besides that, I'm not so
    sure that <titile> is supported. Maybe you're posting in some newfangled XML
    or something....

    Briscobar, Jul 27, 2005
  11. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    It's fine in ie which makes allowances for idiots.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2005
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    not if port 119 is shut down. (on the plus side if they've only
    restricted use of OE you can find plente of other news readers - XNews
    for example)

    Neil, Jul 27, 2005
  13. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    apparently you didn't notice the spolling misteak.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Be the lucky 12th customer to visit www.mcngp.com, and you can win a
    bucket of salted slugs!

    Briscobar, Jul 27, 2005
  14. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    sorry. my mistalke. please find corrected below.

    <TIT-le>

    )
    )
    )
    ->
    )
    )
    )

    </TIT-le>

    Rowdy Yates, Jul 27, 2005
  15. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Just for grins I gizzoggled <titile> and got 34,100 results.

    Isn't everybody just feeling richer for knowing that?

    JaR, Jul 27, 2005
  16. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates spewed across the ether:
    Funny. Suddenly I want a glass of milk.

    JaR, Jul 27, 2005
  17. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    apparently you didn't notice my sarcasm.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2005
  18. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    not if port 119 is shut down.

    you mean there more that one port???

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 27, 2005
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (geez, I forgot. I shouldn't have said anything about those 'other'
    ports.)

    Neil, Jul 27, 2005
  20. Guest

    Neil Guest

    and do any of those sites have problems with the Title?

    Neil, Jul 27, 2005