    computers and it works fine.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

    Barbara Birkett, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Barbara Birkett

    ElJerid Guest

    If your drivers are ok and the floppy works in another computer, I' m afraid
    there is a problem with the floppy controller on your motherboard.
    My first idea was that the flat connection cable was inverted, but you said
    you didn't change anything...

    ElJerid, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Calling all units, calling all units.............. we have a
    Code 10, repeat, a Code 10.......... Request assistance!

    Efthymios Pittard, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Barbara Birkett

    relic Guest

    You Devil, you.

    relic, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Barbara Birkett

    Shep© Guest

    If the floppy disk light is on all the time then the data cable is the
    wrong way round?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Barbara Birkett

    Shep© Guest

    If the floppy disk light is on all the time then the data cable is the
    wrong way round?
    also if the data cable has 3 plugs only use the end two,not the middle
    one.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Barbara Birkett

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    Why are you asking, you failed excuse for a crooner? Get back to the win98
    groups where you belong.

    TehGhodTrole, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Barbara Birkett

    Sinbad Guest

    Had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago but in Win2K, never knew
    why it happened (possibly after installing a SCSI card) and never knew how
    to solve it; only knew (because tested) it had nothing to do with the drive
    or with the cable. Had to reinstall the whole lot and then it worked OK! No
    great help, I realise. Sorry

    Sinbad, Feb 26, 2004