    could extract themselves from the cockpit.

    http://edwardgruf.com/Flipping_out_at_2013_MMR/

    Did you make the event Savageduck?

    me, Aug 22, 2013

  2. me

    me Guest

    I believe back when I last attended in '05 (or maybe an earlier event)
    there was enough of a collision in the Can-Am race for the instigator
    to draw a penalty. IIRC, it happened diving into turn 5 before going
    up the hill. The recipient had fairly good damage to the left front if
    memory serves.

    In this case the word was one ran over the others wheel. Not a good
    scenario entering the corkscrew as the photos detail. I didn't hear
    who might have been at fault.

    me, Aug 22, 2013

  3. me

    me Guest

    One supposedly ran over the others wheel according to the announcer.
    Never heard who the one at fault was.
    Close to my modus operandi. I traveled from the east coast, near
    Yorktown, VA to be precise.I met some friends in LA from my SoCal
    aerospace employment days in the mid/late '80s. We drove up the coast
    reaching the track mid afternoon on Fri. Here are some pics I posted
    during the trip:

    http://edwardgruf.com/2013-08-16_snaps

    I'm sure you recognize McWay Falls.

    http://edwardgruf.com/2013-08-17_Monterey_Reunion_snaps/