flickr url -> flickr account

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009.

  1. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009

  2. sobriquet

    Nervous Nick Guest

    I don't think there is an easy way to do this. And I sort of hope
    not. I think this was the intention of Flickr in offering a static
    url option: It allows you to link to a specific image without having
    to potentially share all of your Flickr content. I think it is a Good
    Thing.

    "THCganja". From the Netherlands, no less.

    Sheesh!

    Nervous Nick, Dec 14, 2009

  3. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    I remember a while ago there was a similar situation and I simply
    emailed the company hosting the picture and they were happy to provide
    a url to the associated account.
    But perhaps flickr has indeed intentionally 'cloaked' the urls to
    images to dissociate them from their accounts.

    http://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.urls.html

    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009
  4. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    Oh I think there is a solution:

    http://tinyurl.com/3m5x56

    http://www.bram.us/2008/01/12/my-pr...-url-and-user-from-a-static-flickr-image-url/

    sobriquet, Dec 14, 2009
  5. sobriquet

    DanP Guest

    Try searching the first part of the name up to underscore in flickr
    site ie fill in the search box "2849562002 site:www.flickr.com".

    DanP

    DanP, Dec 17, 2009
  6. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    It doesn't seem to work that way.
    E.g. when I search for "4182025052 site:www.flickr.com", I get no
    search results whatsoever.

    So that method seems to fail when trying to obtain a link to the
    account associated with the following picture:

    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2611/4182025052_79e3b1fd06_b.jpg

    sobriquet, Dec 17, 2009