    job, and will my negs be safe being scanned by those (looks like you slide
    a film strip into a wand type handheld scanning attachment) so that they
    do not get scratched up?

    Beowulf, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Beowulf

    ColynG© Guest

    I have an Epson Perfection 1660 photo with neg and transparency
    holder. It does a pretty good job of scanning both.

    Colyn Goodson

    email hidden

    http://www.colyngoodson.com

    ColynG©, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Get either a dedicated film scanner or the latest and greatest Epson
    flatbed with film holder. Mine is a 3200 Photo, and it is terrific.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 9, 2004

  4. Get either a dedicated film scanner or the latest and greatest Epson

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 10, 2004

  5. Get either a dedicated film scanner or the latest and greatest Epson

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Beowulf

    Bob Williams Guest

    I am considering the Epson 3200 Photo Scanner.
    I'd like to know how long it takes to scan a slide at maximum
    resolution. Could you please give me an estimate of this time.
    How many 35MM slides (2x2)will the 3200 accommodate at one time?
    If it can scan, say 6 slides at once, will the scan time be about 6x as
    long as for a single scan?....Shorter?...Longer?
    Thanks .....Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Beowulf

    Chris Street Guest

    I'm heard about the new Plustek OpticFilm 7200 dedicated film scanner.
    It scans at 7200dpi (true optical resolution). Has anyone used it and
    with results for 35mm negs? http://tinyurl.com/4a3h2

    Chris Street

    Chris Street, Sep 1, 2004
  8. According to http://www.filmscanner.info/PlustekOpticFilm7200.html the
    tested resolution doesn't exceed 2900 ppi. It looks like Plustek are
    lying about the true specs.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 1, 2004