    look for as far as resolution, contrast ratio, etc? What's a good
    brand? I'm hoping to find a 17" in the $300-400 range if possib;e.
    Thanks for any recommendations.

    rfdjr1, Feb 17, 2005

  2. I can get a nice 17" for about $230 including shipping. For instance an
    Acer AL1715b from www.newegg.com. For your budget, you can get a very
    nice 19".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 17, 2005

  3. rfdjr1

    Joe Guest

    Heck the prices have come down. In the $300-$400 range you can get a good
    19". I am writing this on a 19'" I bought a month ago for $309

    Brightness / at least 300cd/m2 butThe higher the better as you can turn it
    down
    Contrast / at least 600 : 1 the higher the better
    RESPONSE TIME AND THIS IS IMPORTANT / nothing MORE than 16ms the LOWER the
    better. this is how fast the monitor can turn on and off pixels so higher
    numbers mean you can see ghosting
    Viewing angle / at least 150 the higher the better
    I bought the
    DCLCD DCL9A 19" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers -RETAIL
    from www.newegg.com and it was $309 when I bought it and is now $299 and I
    am very pleased and this is a 19" not 17"

    Joe

    Joe, Feb 17, 2005