FLAT PANEL MONITOR QUESTION

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom Tricep, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep Guest

    Good Morning All!

    I have a flat panel monitor, it looks about 15 inches across. I think
    it is a benj? or something. It is about 14 months old. It was at a
    moderate price point, I think 200 bucks.

    The screen spontaneously clicked off. The green power light stayed on.

    1. I unplugged the power from the screen for 1 minute, then plugged
    back in. Nothing. the green light is still on, picture is black,
    meaning, nothing.

    2. Rebooted the computer, Nothing.

    3. Took flat panel from my other computer, it works fine when it is in
    the position of my no picture flat screen

    Question:

    Is there a fuse or something like that in the flat screen? Is there
    something like a circuit breaker in the flat screen itself?

    Is it dead, gone, deceased, just throw away and get another?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Tom Tricep

    Tom Tricep, Oct 2, 2006

  2. Tom Tricep

    Paul Guest

    Did you really have to SHOUT in the subject line?

    Paul, Oct 2, 2006

  3. Tom Tricep

    Flyer Guest

    I had a rather expensive Iiyama TFT ($1200) that did that, 3 times, once
    outside of warranty ;-(
    Now got a cheap AG Neovo 19" ($300). Reckon yours has departed this planet
    ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Oct 2, 2006
  4. Tom Tricep

    richard Guest

    Stay away from unheard of brand names. Many times all they is do recycle
    used monitors.
    They get it to work and make no promises that it will last for very long.
    I've had my NEC LCD now for a few years, had it all over the country and it
    works just fine.

    richard, Oct 2, 2006
  5. Tom Tricep

    SgtMinor Guest

    Your monitor is most likely a BenQ. The company's site can be
    found here: http://www.benq.com/

    "Brand name" monitors are often made by lesser known or unknown
    manufacturers. For a variety of reasons they will enter the
    retail market. Just because some poster may not be familiar with
    this brand does not mean it is of lesser quality.

    SgtMinor, Oct 3, 2006
  6. Tom Tricep

    Celestia Guest

    It's just you, turn your hearing aid down

    Celestia, Oct 3, 2006
  7. Tom Tricep

    johannes Guest

    Loose some weight

    johannes, Oct 3, 2006
  8. Tom Tricep

    Celestia Guest

    u really have to SHOUT in the subject line?
    is that all you could come back with? lol

    *sad*

    Celestia, Oct 3, 2006
  9. Tom Tricep

    johannes Guest

    Shows the problem with crossposting. I have no idea what the question
    was because I'm posting from uk.local.isle-of-wight and can't be bothered
    to look through each and every group in the list.

    johannes, Oct 3, 2006