    - check with the publisher of the game. There may be a patch or you may
    have to do something in Windows compatibility mode. The problem may
    very well be "not" your fault.

    Alan, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Robin

    Margolotta Guest

    In the UK, 'Robin' is male - if it's used for girls it's spelt 'Robyn'. It's
    not my problem that you Yanks call your female kids by boys' names! Cameron,
    Reese, Robin, Sidney, Jamie, Ryan, Sean, Tristan, Christian - your kids are
    going to start having identity crises!

    Margolotta, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks. I will. I was reading the back of the box and all it says is
    "Required: Windows 95,98,2000, or ME. Wondows NT not supported." Is XP
    anything to do with the NT part?

    Robin, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks for the tip. I plan on looking at a better system come Febuary when
    I get my tax refund :)

    Robin, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Robin

    Dan Evans Guest

    XP *is* part of the NT family, as is 2000 - which is listed as compatible.
    Games generally consider NT to mean NT 3.5, 3.51 and 4.0.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Robin

    Dan Evans Guest

    Depends. There is no "has to be spelt this way" rule for names.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Oh ok. Thank you

    Robin, Aug 6, 2006
  8. Robin

    Alan Guest

    For giggles - right mouse click on the icon for Pinball, choose
    properties. Click on compatibility mode. Then select Win98. Your
    computer is too good for the game - not the other way around. If that
    makes you feel any better :)

    Alan, Aug 7, 2006
  9. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thanks. I already tried that. Set it for all the different windows. Still
    no better.
    But thanks for trying to make me feel better :)

    Robin, Aug 7, 2006
  10. Robin

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Margolotta.

    Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue ;)

    Ponder, Aug 7, 2006
  11. Robin

    FML Guest

    I have one of these:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150114

    in a system used by my kids for gaming. It works well and they play
    games that take quite a bit of graphics horsepower. It was a well spent
    $100 (USD).

    FML, Aug 7, 2006
  12. Robin

    Robin Guest

    ROFLMAO! :)

    Robin, Aug 7, 2006
  13. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Thank you very much for sharing that with me. I'm off to check it out now
    :)

    Robin, Aug 7, 2006
  14. Hi Colin,
    Your post only served to delude Sarah she has support, read her subsequent
    posts to this thread.
    I regret that your post counts as a SPAD, it is an item on your record.
    You may resume normal duties though road training maybe required
    if there is a reoccurence.

    Beggers Belief, Aug 7, 2006
  15. Robin

    Margolotta Guest

    Do yourself a favour and make it a Mac. You can still run Windows and play
    your games - but you'll have OS X for the stuff where ease-of-use, system
    stability and security is required. You actually get more for less with a Mac
    - e.g. you'd have to upgrade Dell's latest laptop by £1,000 for it to have
    the same specifications as a basic-spec Mac Book Pro (the Dell costs £2,000
    before upgrades). The MBP £1,900 basic spec.

    Margolotta, Aug 7, 2006
  16. Robin

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Beggers Belief.

    Sorry, but as I said, if you're going to take the piss make sure she *is*
    wrong ;)
    (_x_)

    Ponder, Aug 7, 2006
  17. Robin

    malingerer Guest

    For the archive, the hypocritical hypochondriac does it again!

    Snipped>see thread>

    malingerer, Aug 7, 2006