flashing cursor after post on a dell gx260 computer

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by ksfloyd123, May 26, 2007.

  1. ksfloyd123

    ksfloyd123

    Joined:
    May 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    system specs

    dell gx260
    cpu 2.26 ghz
    512 ddr1 ram
    dell m board intel integrated graphics and sound
    160 g hard drive ide Seagate (brand new)
    lg dvd burner

    Problem

    After post and mem check
    I receive a flashing cursor in top left hand side of screen.
    Read alot about this on net and have tryed the following (no help yet)

    Mem test is ok at post
    (keyboard lights up)
    changed boot process to boot hdd first
    removed and re placed in the cmos battery (did nothing)
    re installed win xp pro ser pack 2
    run msconfig removed unwanted system start up apps/.
    Installed a new hdd
    everything inside is firmly connected

    Guys I would really like some help on this matter Im an it student so this is great training for me to fix this problem

    BEST REGARDS ksfloyd

    ksfloyd123, May 26, 2007