Flash! New Epson RX500 = 6-color photo printer + 2400dpi scanner+ 35mm adapter + stand-alone printin

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Chien, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. David Chien

    David Chien Guest

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?cookies=no&oid=37472317&prevOID=37912846

    http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/000/026/864/Rx500_InfoSheet.pdf
    http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/000/026/864/RX500_FamilyComparison.pdf

    $249 with this just released baby and you can now use this all-in-one
    device to

    1) Print photos with true 6-color inkjet printing
    2) Scan prints and articles on the 2400dpi flatbed scanner
    3) Scan 35mm negatives & slides with the built-in adapter
    4) Scan images directly to flash cards w/o a PC!
    5) Print directly from digital camera flash card w/o a PC!

    This baby basically replaces your entire desktop worth of scanners &
    printers with one walk-up all-in-one printer/scanner combo.

    ----

    http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/printer/inkjet/colorio/printer.htm

    Unfortunately, while it is more advanced than the Epson CC-600PX
    released in Japan, it does not have the built-in color preview LCD
    monitor that the Epson PM-A850 does (currently, only available in Japan;
    unknown as to USA/worldwide release).

    Interestingly enough, the US RX500 model can print at 5760x1440 dpi
    while the Japan PM-A850 can only do 2880x720 dpi.

    While the Japanese model is not quite the same, you can view the pretty
    pictures and product description there in the meantime for a better idea
    what this new RX500 model can do.

    David Chien, Oct 23, 2003

  2. David Chien

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Well in this day and age, it has poor specs for a scanner..............
    (for the price)

    Azzz1588, Oct 23, 2003

  3. David Chien

    monl Guest

    I have a rebate for an Epson RX500 and forgot to get the UPC
    code off the box. Order for me to get rebate I need copy of the
    UPC code. Can anybady still got the box for this item or have
    one available that they could make a scan/copy of the UPC code?
    I would greatly appriciate if someone post it or email me one.

    monl, Dec 13, 2004
  5. David Chien

    Bob Williams Guest

    Most vendors will NOT accept a facsimilie of the UPC code.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Dec 13, 2004
  6. I cannot think of a better reason to ignore this person than his abuse
    of the subject lines to repeat the same message about a dozen times.

    Further, most rebates require the original UPC code...

    Art

    Arthur Entlich, Dec 13, 2004
  7. David Chien

    monl Guest

    My rebate form says that a copy of upc code is good enough.

    monl, Dec 18, 2004