    http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=362772
    But it looks like the lock prevents files being viewed, rather than a
    simple write protect aka Read Only mode.

    techsstuff, Aug 27, 2008

  2. At least one (imation) comes with software to lock it, rather than a switch.
    I suspect because there's nowhere on the body of the thing to mount a switch
    ... it's too small.. :)

    Will a software solution work for you or is there a specific reason for
    needing a switch ?

    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 28, 2008

  3. techsstuff

    techsstuff Guest

    A switch would be easier :) In a nutshell, I put my flash drive w/
    anti-malware tools, etc, into an infected PC (I had no idea how messed
    up the PC was) and it was kind enough to infect most of the .exe files
    on it... then when I plugged it into my PC it slipped though the AV
    and wreaked a little havoc there. Was only alerted that something was
    suspect when my firewall claimed most of my internet apps had changed
    since last use :-( Did a manual scan, and Hello!

    techsstuff, Aug 28, 2008
  4.
    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 28, 2008