Flash bracket: Coolpix 5700 - SC-28 cable

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Christopher Muto, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Christopher Muto, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Christopher Muto

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    I bought a Nikon SC-28 (newer version of SC-17) cable for my flash
    unit but now have difficulty mounting the flash on my old flash
    bracket.

    My old bracket has a regular screw bolt to mount to the tripod screw
    on the base of the camera and a shoe mount to slide the the flash on
    the end of the bracket.

    But the SC-28 cable has a mounting thread on its base, not a shoe. So
    I need a bracket with a mounting bolt on both ends.

    I hope I described that correctly.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonably priced bracket
    ($30 or so; not the $200 ones I have seen) that will mount the cable.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    TheNewsGuy, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Christopher Muto

    Timmy Guest

    I am using the SC-28 also.

    Bought the Nikon SK-7 bracket. It is 6" long, has two thumb screws for
    the camera and SC-28. Both screws also have threads to mount on a
    tripod.

    Works great. Paid $22.50 at the local store.

    Dave

    Timmy, Jun 25, 2004