    font used in a Pentax *ist 35mm camera (sort of the broken pieces letters)?

    Thx.

    -Rich

    Rich Belthoff, Feb 20, 2005

  2. Others I have talked with liked results better when they cloned over the
    date stamp instead of replacing it with correct info. Both are easy
    enough with Photoshop and a bit of experience.

    John McWilliams, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Rich Belthoff

    norm Guest

    search for EXIFOR

    norm, Feb 20, 2005
  4. Rich Belthoff

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Are you telling my you have the date ON the image? Sigh. If so, you
    deserve what you got.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 20, 2005
  5. Since you just need to replace 3 with 4, why not find an image which
    has the number 4 and copy those pixels?

    Toke Eskildsen, Feb 20, 2005
  6. Since this photos started as film images, and I got .JPGs when I got the
    negtaives developed, there is NO OTHER PLACE to put the date stamp but
    on the image.

    In any event, thanks for your so helpful advice.

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 20, 2005
  7. The problem is I don't have Photoshop. Are you saying they sort of
    washed out the date stamp instead of trying to fix the 04? I have
    Microsoft Photodraw 2000, which is fairly sophisticated, although maybe
    not as good as the current version or Photoshop. Can you give me some
    hint as to what tool I might use??

    thx.

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 20, 2005
  8. Is this a program or what? I did a search on google and came up with
    hardly anything??

    Thx.

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 20, 2005
  9. Hmm, now that's an idea. Not sure I can lift the pixels off one photo
    that has a different background, but I'll see what I can do. I do have
    some with the correct date.

    Thx.

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 20, 2005
  10. Say norm, if you're going to recommend searching on something, at least
    spell it correctly.

    Richard: I'm pretty sure he means Exifer. As in
    http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    Stephen Poley, Feb 20, 2005
  11. Sorry, pressed send before adding the last sentence ...

    And I meant to say: but this is for solving a different problem to what
    you have. Exifer fixes the EXIF information attached to the image, not
    the image itself.

    Stephen Poley, Feb 20, 2005
  12. Getting '4' isn't the main problem. '4' doesn't cover '3' completely,
    so either you'll have to do some pixel-fiddling with each and every
    image or you'll have to accept that the result won't be ideal.

    Another idea: Forget about changing the letters. Cover the existing
    timestamp with a black box and write a new timestamp on top of that.

    Toke Eskildsen, Feb 20, 2005
  13. I thought it might be a little difficult to fiddle with pixels on every
    image. So, I opted for something a little less ideal: I put 04 over the
    03. It's not perfect, but this is mainly for archival purposes anyway.
    The prints are already in photo albums with notes that they are really
    04 instead of 03. I just didn't want to pull one up on the computer and
    get confused. It doesn't look all that bad. From now on, though, I'll
    make sure the date is correct, especially after the batteries die! <grin>

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 21, 2005
  14. I thought it might have something to do with the EXIF info, which is not
    what I need, but thanks anyway.

    -Rich

    Richard Belthoff, Feb 21, 2005
  15. Rich Belthoff

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Frankly, anyone who is so disrespectful of his images as to have a date
    plastered across the image doesn't rate high on my scale. Dates belong
    on the BACK of an image on paper, and in the EXIF information on a
    camera image. FILES get a date. Printing one on the image itself is an
    abomination.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 21, 2005
  16. Rich Belthoff

    secheese Guest

    I would simply overwrite the area with a new date on a black
    background. Just make the black and text large enough to mask the
    original date stamp. This would be easy to do in most image editors.
    I used PSP 9 for the attached example:

    secheese, Feb 22, 2005