Fixed - "cetihpz" Problem and the "Archive Not Found" Window

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Left Field, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. Left Field

    Left Field Guest

    Posting a solution I recently found. Came across a window that kept
    saying "Archive not found!!!" and the window name was
    cetihpz://0verland-PT... This window cannot be closed and always comes
    up after a reboot.

    I was using Windows XP SP2 and have a HP Photosmart printer. The error
    is caused by the hpcmpmgr.exe program, which is a HP components
    software that checks for driver updates. It's not a necessary system
    program.

    Two approaches to fix this. You can either choose to (1) not have this
    running, or (2) use the HP bug fix. I chose (2) the HP bug fix.

    (1) To not have hcpcmgr.exe not run at startup, use msconfig to have
    Windows bypass it at startup (do a search on msconfig if you're not
    familiar with this).

    (2) Go to HP's site and download the hpcmpmgr.exe fix and follow the
    instructions:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00219670&dlc=en&lang=en

    Left Field, Oct 2, 2005