    reason, I've tried to set permissions on thumb.db file and also tried
    fiddling with desktop.ini file but no use. Any ideas would be much
    appreciated. Thanks.

    Talista, Jan 23, 2009

  2. Talista

    VanguardLH Guest

    thumbs.db is a cached copy of the thumbnails of the files in a folder.
    It doesn't contain the icon for the folder itself. That is stored in
    the desktop.ini file. Tried setting permissions on that file so users
    cannot change its content (or delete it)?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144102(VS.85).aspx
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~hwiegman/desktopini.html

    VanguardLH, Jan 23, 2009