First IE7 Vulnerability Discovered

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Au79

    bigjon Guest

    the test says "vulnerable" for IE6 as well

    bigjon, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Quite possible that it was inherited from IE6 since it did not come up then.
    After using Firefox, I'll never understand why any reasonable person would
    want to use IE... at all!

    Au79, Oct 20, 2006
  4. Au79

    John Guest

    Some of us have to use it in order to test web pages that we develop
    on it. Unfortunately, most people still use IE so we have to make sure
    that our pages render properly on it.

    John, Oct 20, 2006
  5. Au79

    Meat Plow Guest

    IE6 also has the same vulnerability but nobody seems concerned about it.

    Meat Plow, Oct 20, 2006
  6. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Actual vulnerability is in Outlook Express that can be attacked via the browser.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 20, 2006
  7. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Good reason to dump both programmes for Firefox and Thunderbird... or
    SeaMonkey, or Opera.

    Au79, Oct 21, 2006
  8. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    If I dumped every program that had a recently discovered vulnerability there would be no software that I could
    use.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 24, 2006
  9. Maybe, but IE/OE have been permanently seriously vulnerable since day one.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Oct 24, 2006
  10. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Yet the Firefox security person will not state that Firefox is more secure than IE?!

    Source:

    http://news.com.com/2102-7355_3-6117896.html?tag=st.util.print

    Ultimately ALL browsers are insecure and their level of security varies from day to day, vulnerability to
    vulnerability. I have been using Avant (IE shell) for years without a single security incident. I would argue that
    surfing security depends more on the person at the keyboard than the browser they use.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 24, 2006