Firmware Upgrade for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nick Withers, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. Nick Withers

    Nick Withers Guest

    Before buying this camera I downloaded the specifications from Panasonic.
    It shows Exposure: Program AE
    Shutter Speed: 8-1/2000 sec(Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode)and
    1-1/2000 sec, except for Shutter Priority Mode and
    Manual Mode.

    The actual camera that I bought has no manual aperture or shutter speed
    control. It is completely automatic. And the manual that came with the
    camera confirms this. My last ten shots varied from f2.8, 1/30 to f8.0,
    1/80 (ISO 50). I can alter the exposure a little by increasing the ISO
    to 200.
    These shutter speeds are far too slow, especially when trying to
    photograph sports or grand-children, who won't keep still!

    Is there a firmware upgrade that could improve this situation.
    Thanks.

    BTW: This camera was purchased in New Zealand. I had no luck trying to
    contact Panasonic (Japan) but got the comment from Panasonic (Australia)
    that cameras sold in NZ or Australia may have different specs.

    Nick Withers, Oct 9, 2004