    (Retired in Surrey, UK) Registered Linux User #487649
    Linux Mandriva 2010.0 32-bit PowerPack (i686 kernel)
    KDE 4.3.2 Virtualbox 3.1.2 Firefox 3.5.8

    Maurice Batey, Apr 15, 2010

  2. Maurice Batey

    Rambo Guest

    No.
    But .. did you need the 5.01.16 version ? Will this version correct a
    bug you have ? Or ...you just want to have the "last version" ?

    Rambo, Apr 15, 2010

  3. For a time I thought perhaps yes.
    I do prefer to have the latest, but it was the impending DNSSEC
    change (May 5th - see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/dnssec/)
    that for a time led me to suspect there might be an associated router
    update. (I now don't think that's necessary.)

    Maurice Batey, Apr 15, 2010
  4. Maurice Batey

    Rambo Guest

    I had till now 3 or 4 different modem/router and i never do any firmware
    upgrade. Because i never had problems, and because an upgrade is always
    a risk.
    I had a pda who experienced problem in the gps part. I have look around
    in internet about my problem. I hoped that upgrading the windows on the
    pda will correct my problem. So i upgrade it in the flash memory of my
    pda (taking a risk) The problem did not go away. Finally i solved my
    problem by decreasing the clock speed of the pda.

    Rambo, Apr 15, 2010
  5. Maurice Batey

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    My rule no. 1. If all is well, leave it alone.

    Tony Hwang, Apr 17, 2010