    test?

    Thanks

    Liz

    lizzieb, Jan 1, 2007

  2. lizzieb

    smackedass Guest

    This is just a guess, but could it be that the OS is/was attempting a power
    management activity that the BIOS, or the mobo, could not support? I would
    look into that, especially if it's an older computer.

    Error messages don't always tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the
    truth.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Jan 1, 2007

  3. ACPI relates to power management, you should see an entry in Event Viewer on
    startup that refers to the problem - usually fixable by BIOS upgrade, or just
    ignore in most cases. The hard drive, if faulty, is an unrelated problem, I
    believe, but rather more important (and costly? now where is that warranty
    receipt...).
    My best guess, anyways...

    Fred the Ferret, Jan 2, 2007
  4. lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    Thanks - I think I shall just ignore it for now. Everthing else is working
    great with the new hard drive.

    Liz
    "Fred the Ferret" <>

    lizzieb, Jan 11, 2007