    is that it keeps coming back after I reboot. Running XP Home with SP2 on a
    Toshiba Satellite Laptop.

    Thanks,

    Guest, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    In the Security Center applet, look on the left side and you'll see a
    link to "Change how Security Center alerts me". Click on it and then
    uncheck the alerts next to the firewall. Apply and OK out.

    Malke

    Malke, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the response Malke,
    I did as you suggested and two reboots later
    the warning was back up. I went back to the "Alert Settings" (in the Security
    Center) where I unchecked the firewall and it was checked again. Starting to
    look like I need to edit the registry. Any other ideas?

    Guest, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Disable the Windows Firewall service. Start>Run services.msc [enter]

    Scroll down the Windows Firewall service and stop it and then set it to
    disabled. See if that fixes the issue.

    Malke

    Malke, Jun 9, 2005
  5. Guest