    I've been using it like this for a few days but this is the first time
    I've seen that balloon tip.

    Thanks.

    Richard Fangnail, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Richard Fangnail

    Gregory Ross Guest

    These exceptions were probably installed by Norton when you upgraded
    your antivirus software.

    If these are the only exceptions you're unsure of and Windows firewall
    is turned on, it's unlikely you have anything to worry about.

    Gregory Ross, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Richard Fangnail

    Mistoffolees Guest

    There are several of the AVG files that can be "trusted" since they
    take care of the regular (i.e., near-daily) updates of its anti-virus
    definitions and other updates to AVG. As "trusted" *.exe files, they
    communicate with the host through the firewall.

    Mistoffolees, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Richard Fangnail

    Richard Guest

    Are you sure?
    I think these files are associated with AVG not Norton.

    Richard, Mar 2, 2007
  5. As I said, I recently stopped using Norton and started using AVG.

    Richard Fangnail, Mar 2, 2007
  6. Richard Fangnail

    Elmo Guest

    Then you want firewall exceptions for AVG. i.e., you don't want AVG
    blocked.

    Elmo, Mar 2, 2007
  7. Richard Fangnail

    PA Bear Guest

    Asked/Answered in microsoft.public.security newsgroup. If you must make
    identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to
    all of them. Thank you.

    Multiposting vs Crossposting:

    PA Bear, Mar 2, 2007