    Probably something that's right in front of my face and I'm not seeing
    it, but give the senile old fart a hand, anyway.

    Thanks

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Gualtier Malde

    Skratz Guest

    Firefox is a webbrowser, not a e-mail browser.
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=EML

    Skratz, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Right you are. I misspoke. OK, when I click an .eml file that TBird
    saved, TBird doesn't open it, Netscape does.

    The part in my message about trying to open with Firefox is completely
    bogus and a mistake on my part. Thanks - it should be clearer now.

    This should be a simple matter of File Association settable in
    Tools>Folder options>File types - but .eml isn't in there. I know I can
    add it, but thought that first I'd like to try to find the .eml-Netscape
    connection and unhook it.

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 9, 2006
  4. If an eml file is opening in Netscape, rather than Thunderbird, check
    that Thunderbird is your default email client AND ensure that any file
    associations for eml point to Thunderbird, not Netscape.
    The file associations to check are in the SYSTEM not the application program

    Moz Champion (Dan), Mar 9, 2006
  5. Well, the problem is solved circuitously. I paid a heavy price for my
    lapse and calling Firefox to open the .eml file. I used to have
    Netscape and it was both a browser and email client, and I just had a
    deja vu moment.

    My OP had been as much seeking a way to unhook Netscape, just to keep
    things neat. But the situation is moot.

    Both firefox and netscape appear on the drop-down when I click "Open
    with", but I've got Thunderbird on top, so it is the default.

    Thanks for the dope slap - I needed that.

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Gualtier Malde

    gwtc Guest

    in the file associations look for the entry of:

    Outlook Express Mail Message

    gwtc, Mar 9, 2006