Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by mrH, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. mrH

    mrH Guest

    Hello all.

    Firefox won't open links in new browser or if I hit Ctrl-N

    Firefox won't open links in a new browser. You know, links that are external
    won't open in a new browser. I have to right click and then hit tab to open
    the link in a new tab.

    The open in new window won't work on the file menu or the right click menu.

    None of the bookmarks on the Bookmark toolbar will work. The one's that open
    external browsers just show an hour glass.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915
    Firefox/1.0.7 (ax)

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Peace.

    mrH, Mar 17, 2006

  2. mrH

    gwtc Guest

    I see you're using active-X! Is this true? If so, then try and get
    rid of that extension and maybe your problems will go away.

    gwtc, Mar 17, 2006

  3. mrH

    mrH Guest

    How do I do that?

    Thanks.

    mrH, Mar 17, 2006
  4. mrH

    gwtc Guest

    Tools, Extension, and look for the active-x extension and disable or
    remove it.

    gwtc, Mar 17, 2006