    This all seemed to start when I installed this latest version.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks to all,

    [email protected]_thekeys, Oct 5, 2005

  2. [email protected]_thekeys schreef:
    Probably has something to do with Adobe plugin, see related thread from
    about a week ago, have you tried running in safe mode?

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Asleep_@_thekeys

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Usual suspect is an extension. Try running in Safe Mode and see if that
    helps.

    If not, close FF from Task Manager then see if "parent.lock" exists in
    your profile; if so, delete it.

    If that doesn't do it, create a new profile and see if that does.

    Ed Mullen, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Asleep_@_thekeys

    gwtc Guest

    This is a very well known PITA. There is no rhyme nor reason to it.
    Some say its because they close FF by File, close/exit, while others
    say its because they close it by the "X". Others say no its because
    of streaming vidoe/audio. Others are saying its an extension, a
    theme, or even a plugin.

    IMO it seems to have started with 1.0.6. Maybe some coding was left
    out or got broken.

    gwtc, Oct 5, 2005

  5. Thanks to all who replied, in this case it appears that the extension
    for the tabbed browsing was the culprit. I removed it and Firefox is
    back to its fiesty old self, I have my fngers crossed but so far so
    good!

    Thanks again!

    [email protected]_thekeys, Oct 6, 2005
  6. I've had this problem with Mozilla for ages, it's not confined to FF. After shutting-down via task manager, I have to
    wait for a confirm dialogue to appear before restarting, otherwise the profile manager comes up. It has nothing to do
    with how one tries to close the browser.

    Stephen Chalmers, Oct 6, 2005
  7. Asleep_@_thekeys

    Arne Guest

    No, but probably some extension you have? I have never that kind of
    problems, not even with the few extensions I have.

    P.S. Try to trigger the preferences to wrap lines somewhere at the
    rang of 70 - 76 characters. No fun to rewrap you posts before replying.

    Arne, Oct 6, 2005
  8. Most likely problem is that Mozilla/Firefox/SeaMonkey, is trying to
    finish writing something before it closes completely. A common culprit
    is any extension that saves tab session information.

    Then again, sometimes it just happens.

    For what its worth, I have yet to see it occur with SeaMonkey, but that
    may just be luck.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 8, 2005