    could I still leave it on my machine? Could I still use my Outlook Express and be
    safe from this new threat of someone stealing credit card and bank numbers?

    How would I go about it? Just download it and use it? Thanks. Ginny

    CdLSRN, Jul 8, 2004

  2. CdLSRN

    Shel-hed Guest

    Just download, install, and fire it up. You can have as many browsers on your machine
    as you want. Same goes for e-mail and newsgroups.

    Shel-hed, Jul 8, 2004

  3. CdLSRN

    °Mike° Guest

    Firefox does NOT make Outlook Express safe. Where
    did you get that idea from?

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  4. CdLSRN

    jda Guest

    First of all: you should _never_ have your credit card info stored on your
    machine. As to the Firefox browser, it is safe to download and use, just
    go ahead. You might take a look at the Thunderbird mail- and newsclient
    while you are at the mozilla.org website. I would stongly recommend it if
    you are using Outlook Express
    Jakob

    jda, Jul 8, 2004
  5. What's the advantage of using Thunderbird and Firefox separately, instead of
    the full Moz that does all of that?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 8, 2004
  6. CdLSRN

    Plato Guest

    Yes. You can install many different web browsers. And keep IE.

    Plato, Jul 8, 2004
  7. CdLSRN

    Boomer Guest

    plagiarise anything. Just don't get caught.

    Boomer, Jul 8, 2004
  8. On 8 Jul 2004 04:22:53 GMT, the usually melodious but now fading voice
    of Blinky the Shark could be heard whispering ....
    For browsing Opera is my default browser with either Firefox or
    K-Meleon as a secondary instead of IE.

    For email I use MailWasher & Eudora but do use Thunderbird for some
    email accounts.

    The advantage to me is that I can fire up Firefox to view a webpage
    and it doesn't check for email, while Thunderbird is either in the
    background checking email as scheduled, or will check for email when
    opened.

    Lindsay Heinz, Jul 8, 2004
  9. For the record, here: Browser = 1. Opera, 2. Moz, 3. Konqueror.
    For the record, here: Email - Kmail

    And slrn for news (I'll fire run Pan or Knode if a discussion about them
    intrigues me or if I can assist someone).
    Full Moz would autocheck for email on starting? There's no user
    configuration to not have it do that, and only check mail when told to?
    That's surprising.
    I gotcha, then.

    I'm big on separate applications, myself; note I have no combos listed
    (except for full Moz, but I don't have mail or news enabled, there).

    I just wondered why if one was going to use both halves of Moz, there
    was an advantage to using the separate modules. I see, now. Tnx.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 8, 2004
  10. CdLSRN

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    [...]
    It's configurable. I've turned off mail autochecking in Moz Mail since
    migrating to KMail.

    DC, Jul 8, 2004
  11. CdLSRN

    jda Guest

    True. I just came with a humble advice not to use Outlook Express. And the
    OP asked about Firefox
    Jakob

    jda, Jul 9, 2004