    That appears to be the only one on that particular page of searches
    that does it.

    Thanks.

    Evan Platt, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Evan Platt

    thanatoid Guest

    I only used FF (v2) for a very short while, I don't like it,
    BUT.

    Look at the "view source code" or whatever FF calls it.

    It's possible that image is not a JPG but a JPE or a JPEG or
    even a gif (I have OFTEN run into images tagged wrong, although
    usually jpg's are given gif extensions). SOME images are given
    the .php extension !!!!!

    It's possible that those other types for some reason are not
    "preset" to open within the browser.

    thanatoid, Nov 17, 2008

  3. Evan Platt

    richard Guest

    One of the reasons I ditched 3 and went back to 2.
    It would be nice if the google would learn how to code properly.
    I've never seen such a thing as < font color> tag in html.

    richard, Nov 17, 2008

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 17, 2008
  5. Evan Platt

    richard Guest

    Uh nope sorry. That is not proper code.
    The actual deprecated tag is <font>.
    The proper way is to show <p style="color:red;">

    The validator at w3c.org tossed out 320 errors.

    richard, Nov 17, 2008
  6. It certainly is proper, depending on DOCTYPE.
    ...which is the example I gave you, that you said you'd never seen. Prior
    to HTML 4.01 Strict, it was correct. It is still valid in 4.01
    Transitional.

    Of course it is deprecated. Do you think I didn't know that? You asked
    Sure, for modern code...
    What, for one of your pages?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 17, 2008
  7. Evan Platt

    catchme Guest

    i have no trouble viewing the site you linked, including ALL of the pics.
    I even double clicked on the specific image you specified, and was able
    to view it within the browser window, without loading any apps.

    catchme, Nov 17, 2008