Firefox Version 1.0 Working Set, Tabbed Windows-Pages

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by goonmunster, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. goonmunster

    goonmunster Guest

    Hi,

    I like to use firefox multiple tabs as a admin tool. While doing so I
    use the same 6 or 7 web pages in firefox browser tabbed windows. Does
    anyone know if there is any way to save and restore (preserve) my
    working set (pages in tabs) so, I don't have set the tabs every time I
    start firefox?

    I like to be able to click on desktop icon and have all 6 or seven
    pages open in their respective tabs. Is this possible? If so please
    post directions.

    Thank you and Happy Valentines.
    The Brockton Initiative (http://brockton.dyndns.org)
    Egon Phillips, Chair

    goonmunster, Feb 11, 2005

  2. It sounds like you want to open these pages as a start page. If so,
    just open the tabs as like. Tools>>Options>>General>>Home Page

    Click the Use Current Pages button.

    You can also save the tab set as a bookmarks folder and open them all at
    once from there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Yes I have seven pages that open in tabs every time Firefox opens.

    1.Open Bookmarks\Manage Bookmarks\New Bookmark\ Then name a new Bookmark
    Start Up and put it at the top of the bookmarks. Then drop and drag your
    favourite pages into it.

    2.Go to Tools\Options\General\Home Page\Click on Use Bookmark and click
    on O.K. at the bottom of the page.

    3. If want it to work without having to click on the tabs then download
    the extension Tabbrowser Preferences, then you merely have to move the
    mouse over the Tab to open it.

    [email protected], Feb 12, 2005
  4. Thank you, but unfortunately, Tools\Options\General\Home Page for is
    already in use. I've also tried the extension "Session Saver". But,
    I can figure out how to convince "session saver" to restore all the
    pages in a fameset. "Session Saver" will open the page in the first
    frame, but no additional pages.
    Given the following page with frames A and B:
    _ _
    |A|B|
    - -
    "Session saver" will open page A, but not page B. Does anyone know
    how to convince session saver to restore all the pages of a frameset?

    egon.phillips, Feb 12, 2005