    2. How does Firefox display Flash.different than IE with EMBED and OBJECT
    tags

    Thanks.

    corwin8, May 6, 2005

  2. corwin8

    Big Will Guest

    I dunno about the first one, but AFAIK FF displays Flash just the same
    as IE (at least it does on all the websites I've visited). The end-user
    just has to have the Flash plugin installed for FF (which he/she might
    chose not to install). In addition, there are also utilites for FF (and
    probably IE) that allow the user to chose to dispaly flash on demand (I
    use FlashBlock for FF).

    Regards,

    Will

    Big Will, May 6, 2005

  3. Well, CSS is very poorly supported in IE and Microsoft has resisted
    requests to fix it for years already.

    John Thompson, May 7, 2005
  4. corwin8

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Try running your pages against the validation engines.

    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    This will point out non-standard html and css usage which will probably
    solve most of your issues.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 7, 2005
  5. corwin8

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 6 May 2005 14:18:23 -0400, in message

    2. If you are asking how to code the HTML to display Flash
    both in IE and in Firefox, then start by reading these

    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_4150

    http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex...?context=Flex_Documentation&file=00000925.htm

    Flash should display more or less the same.
    It is not IE or Firefox themselves but the Macromedia Flash plug-in
    for each which actually displays the Flash content.

    Ralph Fox, May 7, 2005
  6. corwin8

    corwin8 Guest

    :
    This one gave me errors for non-existant problems (ex: said I didn't have a
    PERFECT! Exactly what I needed - identified and fixed my problem, thanks!

    corwin8, May 8, 2005
  7. corwin8

    corwin8 Guest

    Ah. Macromedia documentation. My favorite line from this is:

    "Why use these all these HTML tags?"

    (read it twice if you don't see what's wrong with it)

    It displays that same? Cool - thanks, Ralph!

    As a side note - Macromedia's documentation is incorrect. IE & everyone else
    all support the <EMBED> tag. The syntax is significanlly shorter than the
    Thanks!

    Corwin

    corwin8, May 8, 2005
  8. corwin8

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Happy to help. I've tested hundreds of pages on the html validator and
    never seen it flag something that was not an actual error of some sort.
    You might want to check to see if you have the head tag misplaced.
    And if you can't figure out why it's being flagged by the validator and
    want someone else to check it out for you, just post a URL.

    Ed Mullen, May 8, 2005
  9. corwin8

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 21:04:01 -0400, in message

    I would be very surprised.

    Can you post the URL of your page so we can look for ourselves?

    Ralph Fox, May 8, 2005
  10. corwin8

    corwin8 Guest

    Well, I fixed it. It seems that, on my included style sheet, one of the
    declarations started with "{{" instead of "{".

    IE seems to be more forgiving on these types of erorrs, and the page
    displayed properly. Firefox ignored the line and rendered the type with no
    styles, and the validator kicked out all kinds of nonexistant errors.

    When I fixed the brackets, the page works fine now, thanks!

    corwin8, May 10, 2005