    its links?

    I would like links that are set to open a new window to open in a tab
    instead.

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005

  2. paul j

    Doug G Guest

    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing -> Force links ...
    -> a new tab

    Doug G, Apr 7, 2005

  3. paul j

    paul j Guest

    Odd, I don't have that option in 1.0.2.

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005
  4. paul j

    Roland Guest

    It's not available by default (I've no idea why the FF developers have
    chosen to hide it).
    But you can enable it by setting the preference
    browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs
    true
    For this, type
    about:config
    in the addressbar, locate the pref and double click it value to toggle
    its value between false and true.

    Maybe you have to restart FF before "Force links ..." is visible in the
    Options dialog.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 7, 2005
  5. paul j

    Larry Hazel Guest

    The other "Advanced"

    Larry Hazel, Apr 7, 2005
  6. paul j

    paul j Guest

    That did it. Thank you muchly.

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005
  7. paul j

    Ranjit Guest

    Thanks!!
    I too was looking a way to avoid those forced windows!
    this comes pretty handy.

    Ranjit, Apr 7, 2005
  8. paul j

    paul j Guest

    I wonder what other options are hidden in this same fashion...

    paul j, Apr 7, 2005