    be able to view pages that require Sun Java?)

    Thanks.
    Chuck

    Chuck, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Chuck

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:29:10 -0600, in message
    What is more, the download page at http://java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
    lists only Windows 98 (2nd Edition) and later under System Requirements,
    and not the first edition of Windows 98.
    I'm running JRE 1.4.1_01 on Win 98 (1st edition) without system freezes.
    Previous versions are available from http://java.sun.com/products/archive/

    According to the installation notes, Java 1.4.1_01 and Java 1.4.2_06 are
    each compatible with Win 98 (1st edition).
    http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/jre/install-windows.html
    http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.1_01/jre/install-windows.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    I had the same problem with a Win98 box. Some java apps froze and some
    didn't.

    Chuck, Mar 31, 2005