    Any ideas? Has this been happening, lately, to anyone?

    Thanks,
    Alan

    Alan Moorman, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Alan Moorman

    Joe G Guest

    happens to me also, I just thought it was a problem with pogo.com

    joe

    Joe G, Jun 4, 2006

  3. Alan Moorman

    Mark Lloyd Guest

    I get that last one at times, for no apparent reason.
    --
    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    Mark Lloyd, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Alan Moorman

    kaplan3jiim Guest

    Happens to me too. Easier than rebooting is to use the task manager to
    kill the invisible program...it should show up as a process running
    there.

    kaplan3jiim, Jun 4, 2006
  5. Alan Moorman

    kaplan3jiim Guest

    Today I got even worse:
    Firefox locked up, the program could not be terminated from the task
    manager, and 5 minutes after asking for a reboot firefox window was
    still hung. I had to shut the power off.

    jim

    kaplan3jiim, Jun 6, 2006
  6. Alan Moorman

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    Download Faber Toys and/or "What's Running"...both are
    freeware, will show what's running and allow you to terminate what you
    desire.

    jimpgh2002, Jun 6, 2006
  7. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman Guest

    Yeah... that's where I ended up. I was able to reboot, though, and
    it has been OK, since!

    Go figure!

    Alan Moorman, Jun 7, 2006
  8. Alan Moorman

    d12s34f56 Guest

    It's a profile problem, if you profile has been permanently damaged,
    you will not be able to open firefox even if you reboot your machine or
    reinstall your firefox, you can either get a new profile or delete the
    old profile from your Application Data (I choose the later), then
    reinstall the firefox, the problem will go away.

    d12s34f56, Jun 11, 2006
  9. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman Guest

    Rebooting fixed it.......

    Thanks,
    Alan

    Alan Moorman, Jun 22, 2006
  10. Alan Moorman

    Alan Moorman Guest

    Rebooting fixed it.......

    Thanks,
    Alan

    Alan Moorman, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Alan Moorman

    Louis Guest

    CTL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager. Find Firefox and use end task.
    No need to reboot.

    Lewis

    Can You Hear Me Now ???

    Louis, Jun 25, 2006