    I downloaded via the link at mozilla.org & it proved to be v5.0 (old)
    and it seems to only act as a standalone program.

    Jim A.

    Jim Adamthwaite, Dec 24, 2005

  2. Jim Adamthwaite

    Tony Raven Guest

    Try the PDF Download Extension which allows you to choose to download a
    PDF or view it in a browser tab.
    http://www.rabotat.org/firefox/

    You might also like to try the Foxit PDF reader.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

    Tony Raven, Dec 24, 2005

  3. Jim Adamthwaite

    Jedi Fans Guest

    This was answered in alt.os.linux.suse a while back, have a
    look here:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/alt....df+firefox&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group>
    watch for wrapping!

    Jedi Fans, Dec 24, 2005
  4. Does Foxit run on Linux? I thought it was Windows only.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 24, 2005
  5. Jim Adamthwaite

    Tony Raven Guest

    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_sdk.php ?

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

    Tony Raven, Dec 24, 2005
  6. I may be wrong, but that does not appear to be the free Foxit reader.
    Note this quote from the page:

    Foxit Reader SDK is a light weight, fast, clean software development kit
    for rendering PDF page contents in a wide range of applications.

    It goes on to discuss pricing and licensing.

    here is the link I have for the free Foxit, which, at least from this,
    appears to be Windows only.

    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 25, 2005
  7. Ta very much for that. It worked like a shot, even thru the blur of
    xmas spirit.
    Jim A.

    Jim Adamthwaite, Dec 25, 2005
  8. Jim Adamthwaite

    Tony Raven Guest

    Yes, but its not meant to be easy in Linux
    (ducks and runs for cover) ;-)

    Merry Christmas.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

    Tony Raven, Dec 25, 2005
  9. Jim Adamthwaite

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Most welcome mate :D, Merry Christmas :D

    Jedi Fans, Dec 25, 2005