    Tom Allen Guest

    Do they both have the same Theme? I've seen a difference on a number of
    items depending upon the theme used.

    Tom Allen, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Tom Allen

    gwtc Guest

    they're both the same program -- Firefox or Mozilla Firefox. One
    calls it Firefox the other doesn't.

    gwtc, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Tom Allen

    gwtc Guest

    that is the way of the OS, not the program. Preferences for *just
    about* any linux program comes under Edit, while for windows it comes
    under tools.

    gwtc, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Tom Allen

    Gary Weselle Guest

    Hi

    I have 2 machines, a WinDos 2000 and a Linux Debian, both have firefox
    installed, I am not sure if both have the same versions of firefox

    WinDos:

    Help > About Mozilla Firefox

    Shows version 1.5.0.1

    Linux/Debian:

    Help > About Firfox

    Shows version 1.5.0.1

    But the About windows the pop up to show the version don't look the same.

    The only thing I can make out of this is that both are different programs
    all together, one is named (Mozilla Firefox) and the other named (Firefox).

    Can some one comment on this.

    Thanks

    Gary Weselle, Mar 12, 2006
  5. Tom Allen

    Gary Weselle Guest

    They appear to be, I have not change any Themes stuff since I installed
    them. However on both of them, under Tools > Themes the windows which popped
    up are not 100% identical.

    The window is split up to right and left sections and bottoms at the bottom,
    the only difference is that the right window on the WinDos2000 shows
    (Firefox, the browser loaded) and 5 icons under that but on the Linux/Debian
    it is blank. Both read [Firefox (default) 2.0 The default theme] on both of
    them.

    hummmm

    Gary Weselle, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Tom Allen

    Gary Weselle Guest

    But Linux/Debian have Edit > Preferences where WinDos2000 have Tools >
    Options just to mention one of the differences.

    Gary Weselle, Mar 12, 2006

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 13, 2006