    original page. Is there a switch I can flip so FF gives focus to the new
    tab?

    TIA.

    Porter Smith, May 14, 2005

  2. Porter Smith

    Doug G Guest

    1. Type about:config in the address (URL) box and press Enter.
    2. Use "background" (no quotes) for the filter.
    3. Toggle the "browser.tabs.loadInBackground" preference to false.
    Toggle appears on the line's context (right click) menu.

    Doug G, May 14, 2005

  3. Porter Smith

    Porter Smith Guest

    That did it. Thanks

    Porter Smith, May 14, 2005
  4. Porter Smith

    Zygon Curry Guest

    Are there any online documents that describe in detail the full
    capabilities of the 'about:config' options and what they do?

    Thanks.

    Zygon Curry, May 15, 2005
  5. Porter Smith

    Doug G Guest

    Doug G, May 15, 2005
  6. Porter Smith

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:10:14 +0100, in message

    • http://preferential.mozdev.org/preferences.html

    and others

    • http://www.geocities.com/pratiksolanki/
    • http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7userjs.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, May 15, 2005
  7. Porter Smith

    Zygon Curry Guest

    Zygon Curry, May 16, 2005
  8. Porter Smith

    Mr. R Guest

    [/QUOTE]

    Maybe I am just slow or becoming totally inept but I went to the above site
    and I have changed some settings in about:config as per someone's
    instruction here a few days ago.

    I have also changed and re-changed and re-re-changed the settings in the
    "tools" menu as well as doing a couple of other things that have been writtne
    here but I *still* can't get a new window to open as another tab in my tab
    bar!

    I have 3 tabs that open when Firefox starts. OK, so far, so good. If I then
    open another bookmark or new site for whatever reason it opens as a tab in the
    tab-space of the tab/window I opened it in. Does that make sense?

    Yes, if I use CTRL + T I can get it to open as a new tab but is there ANY way
    to make the new fourth (or whatever) tab open in a new, fourth position
    instead of over-writing one of the 3 that are already present?

    I think I changed something in about:config that should allow me to have as
    many as 5 tabs open at once in the tab bar. Am I completely off-base? Is this
    actually possible? Nothing so far has worked.

    Thanks to anyone who can type slow enough so that my addled brain can
    understand it!!!

    Mr. R, May 16, 2005
  9. Porter Smith

    Ed Mullen Guest

  10. Porter Smith

    Doug G Guest

    In about:config find the following value and toggle it to true.

    browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs

    Doing so adds another preference to the Tabbed Browsing options and it
    may be what you want.

    Doug G, May 16, 2005
  11. Porter Smith

    Mr. R Guest

    Thanks for the info. I changed the value as stated above but still no
    improvement. I've changed things in about:config as a few others have
    posted here in the past weeks and that doesn't do it. I've changed and
    re-changed the settings in the <tools> section of FF.

    How many different tabs can FF have open in its tab bar at one time? The three
    I start with upon starting the program always, always, ALWAYS get overwritten
    when I open something new instead of opening a 4th tab. Always.

    Any other ideas? This seems like it should be easy to fix but it's proving to
    be a real killer!

    TIA

    Robert

    Mr. R, May 17, 2005
  12. Mr. R uitte de volgende tekst op 17/05/2005 17:39:
    Well, why don't you just try? I hit Ctrl-T about 30 times, and new tabs
    still opened, although I couldn't see them in the tab bar anymore...

    I don't think there is any limit apart from memory.

    H.
    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, May 17, 2005
  13. Porter Smith

    Mr. R Guest

    I've done that, it works and new tabs do open. What I am concerned with is
    having new tabs open automatically in the tab bar next to (instead of
    overwriting) the tab which is currently open when the new link/bookmark is
    clicked and NOT have to CTRL-T to get the new tab. Does that make sense?

    Mr. R, May 17, 2005
  14. Porter Smith

    Doug G Guest

    I use "Open Link in New Tab" on the right click menu.

    Doug G, May 18, 2005
  15. Porter Smith

    MLC Guest

    _Mr. R_, martedì 17/mag/2005: