Firefox not working wth forms - Redux!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Victor, Nov 14, 2006.

  1. Victor

    Victor Guest

    I wanted to follow up on my problem with Firefox now working with forms.

    My original post:
    ---
    I've got strange FF behavior that I can't diagnose. On my solid Win2K system, FF works
    great except:

    1) When reading Yahoo mail, none of the buttons (Deleted, Spam, etc) work
    2) I cannot submit anything to a form, no matter how simple the form

    When I try to do either of the above, even as simple as clicking a "submit" button in a
    form, all I get is the little spiraling load animation in the upper-right hand corner
    and the page does not change, ever.
    ---
    Correction: "I cannot submit anything to MOST forms. No Yahoo form buttons work".

    I found this page:
    http://nosheep.net/story/firefox-form-difficulty/

    that details a Firefox form button difficulty. According to the author, on SOME (not
    all) Firefox browsers, when form buttons are wrapped in <label> tags, the form will not
    work. He's got a great demo page here:
    http://nosheep.net/bad_firefox.html
    that works in IE, but does not work in my Firefox browser.

    I also found this reference:
    http://reporter.mozilla.org/app/report/?report_id=RMO11622006952376

    and this:
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozi...ns+do+not+work"&rnum=1&hl=en#9b2166789930b242

    To my best recollection, I did not have this problem with Firefox 1.5.0.3. I am now
    running Firefox 1.5.0.8.

    Vic

    Victor, Nov 14, 2006